Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Astronomy on Tap in the Triangle: Beware of the Dark Side

May 3, 2023 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM EDT

Come check out Astronomy on Tap Triangle, our North Carolina chapter of short and engaging talks about astronomy over beer. Find us in the taproom of Fullsteam Brewery in Durham, NC from 7-9 PM on Wednesday, May 3rd!

Observations of the oldest light in the Universe and other astronomical measurements indicate that only 5% of the current energy content of the Universe is made of elements found on the periodic table. The other 95% is composed of dark matter and dark energy: dark matter is responsible for the growth of galaxies, while dark energy shoves galaxies apart at an accelerating rate. Join us as Dr. Adrienne Erickcek (UNC-CH) discusses how we infer the existence of dark matter and dark energy and how we hope to learn more about these key drivers of cosmic evolution!

Don’t forget to get there on time for a quick round of astronomy trivia and special prizes! We’ll also have some (earth-based) telescopes out front for you to check out if the weather cooperates.

There is always lots of time to ask questions and interact with the presenters and other scientists who inevitably stick around for the beer. We can’t wait to see you there!

Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook or sign up for our email list to get updates on future events.


May 3, 2023
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM EDT
Event Categories:
Event Tags:
, , , ,


Astronomy on Tap Triangle


Fullsteam Brewery
726 Rigsbee Ave.
Durham, NC 27701 United States
+ Google Map
View Venue Website