AoT Louisville Wed 6 Feb 2019

AoT Louisville Wed 6 Feb 2019

The Hunt for Dark Matter: What It is, and Why It Matters

Everything we can see–all of the planets, stars, galaxies, dust, and gas that emit electromagnetic radiation–only accounts for about 4% of the total matter in the universe. What is the remaining ~96% of the universe made of? Dark energy and dark matter, we think. Graduate student and dark matter huntress Becky Steele will explain the difference between dark energy and dark matter, why dark matter matters, and what we know (and don’t know) about it. We’ll see you at Monnik Beer Co., 1036 E Burnett Ave, Louisville KY 40217 at 7pm in the Upper Room. See our calendar for details: http://www.physics.louisville.edu/ Then click on “Events”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.